Sunday, June 12, 2011

Brandon Sanderson - Mistborn #1

Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Spoilers are blacked out, highlight to read.

Wow, okay, after the book I read before this, Mistborn really was a breath of fresh air. It has heroes that are likable, not perfect, do in fact make mistakes, and are aware of not being invincible. It has magic that doesn't automatically make the good guys better than everyone else. It has a fast paced plot, filled with action, while still making time to ask some important questions and take a closer look at society. (Theirs, not ours. ;)) What's more, you have to respect an author who isn't afraid to kill off their hero when it is necessary.

I admit that, the closer I got to the end, the more I started wondering what was left to tell of this story - considering that Mistborn is the first part of a trilogy. But once I had finished the book I knew that this was only just the beginning. There will be no fade to black and a happy ending yet, fortunately for the readers, unfortunately for our heroes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment